ACC Crappie Stix "Owners" Tournament Rules
ACC Crappie Stix “Owners” Tournament Rules
1. Entry fees for Tournament will be $200 per boat for each team. Boat consists of 2 Anglers, and if desired to promote future Crappie Anglers one youth below 16 years of age.
2.Winners will be determined by total weight of 7 legal Crappie or less. (A team may only enter the weigh-in line with seven or less Crappie)
3. Big Slab Pot will be awarded to entrants with the largest Crappie by weight in the tournament. In case of a tie then the pot will be split equally.
4. In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by big fish for each team. In the event there is not a winning team, all teams will be refunded their tournament fees. If there is only one winning team, that winning team will receive all prize money.
5. Entry fees for the entire team (boat) must be received by a Tournament Director by the official start of the tournament.
6. Entry fees will not be refunded unless a tournament is cancelled or postponed by the Tournament Directors/Tournament Committee. Entry fees will be refunded if they have been prepaid and phone call is given to the weigh master that the pre-paid participant will not be able to make it prior to the start of the tournament at 7:00am on November 14, 2020.
7. You may enter alone or with partners (2) of choice in tournament, A 3rd person will be allowed but must be below 16 years of age, and not to exceed Coast Guard posted limit for vessel.
8. Spectators are not allowed in boat with team during tournament hours.
9. Teams may start fishing only on weigh masters signal at posted time of the tournament. Any fishing by a team member before 7:00am on the calendar day of the tournament will result in disqualification. The calendar day of the tournament shall start at 12:01 am. Tournament fishing hours will be from 7:00am until 2:00pm. Lines must be out of the water at 2:00pm. (No fishing after 2:00pm!) Participants will have until 2:30pm to enter the designated weigh-in line with their catch. Late weigh -in's will not be allowed. At least one participant from each team must be in the weigh-in line by 2:30pm! (No Exceptions) Teams will be responsible to calculate times needed to make it back and get into weigh-in line with catch on time. Please allow reasonable time to make it back on time! (No Exceptions)
10. The Weight Masters Cell Phone shall be the official time piece and will be available for comparison at registration on the morining of the tournament. Weight Masters Cell number is (817) 917-8261
11. Tournament waters shall be defined as areas open to all participants of the event and accessible by normal navigational means only. A safe and courteous distance should be maintained when trolling motors are in use. Distance rule does not apply when both boats are not fishing. A violation of off limits water will result in disqualification.
Participants are not allowed to leave the boat to retreive a hooked fish, push a boat into shallow water, or to fish in accessible or unaccessible Waters. Lake Fork Texas will be the official tournament competition waters.
12. In the case of extreme weather/water conditions, ACC Crappie Stix reserves the right to postpone or cancel the tournament with the return of entry fees.
13. Fishermen must remain in boat while fishing. A partner may leave early if desired without penalty. Teams may use ACC Crappie Stix rods and other branded reels in combination, hand held pole and reel combos or hand held poles. (only ACC Crappie Stix in boat-No other brand) No more than 8 rods may be used at any given time. Live and artificial bait may be used.
14. Teams without boats are not allowed to enter and fish. No fishing from shore, docks, piers, crappie houses, marina slips, float tubes, or kayaks.
15. Crappie must be hooked and landed with a rod or pole by team member(s). Teams must comply with all state & federal fishing and boating regulations. Kill switches must be used when the combustion engine is running as described by Kates Law. A Coast Guard approved Life Jacket must be worn and securely fastend when the combustion engine is running by all participants. According to to Texas state law and the Water Safety Act all Children under the age of 13 on any vessel under 26' must wear a Coast Guard approved life jacket at all times on the water!
Fishing and boating licenses are the responsibility of team members. A landing net may be used to assist in landing the fish.
16. Participants must be at weigh in line by 2:30pm with fish at weigh in time. Late arrivals will be disqualified.
17. A team can weigh-in only 7 crappie (seven Crappie by weight). Crappie must be weighed at the official weigh-in site. All crappie brought to the scales for weigh-in must have been caught during the tournament hours from tournament waters by the team bringing them to the scales. . Applis to all crappie presented for weigh-in. Crappie must be alive and meet state length requirements for state in which they are being weighed and may not have any weight enhancements. Any team presenting an illegal crappie, Via a fish below legal length or any fish above the limit of 7 live crappie to be weighed as part of their catch will be at penalized 1 pound per violation. Any obvious attempt at cheating will result in immediate disqualification from the tournament and subject to removal from the tournament and future tournaments.
18. Any team having a member who has been disqualified for a rule violation during the tournament because he or she misrepresented compliance with the tournament rule will be disqualified.
19. Alcoholic beverages and drugs, other than prescription drugs, are not allowed in the boat or to be consumed during the tournament fishing hours.
20. A contestant who is disqualified because of a contestant’s use of alcohol or drugs during this tournament will be disqualified, and that team will not be allowed to participate in any future ACC Crappie Stix events.
21. Protests must be made to the Tournament Directors within 30 minutes following the end of the official weigh-in. Protests must site the rule allegedly broken.
22. NO ONE can be hired or compensated in any way to fish with you or for you during this tournament.
23. Instances of poor sportsmanlike conduct can be grounds for disqualification if circumstances require it. Decision by the Tournament Directors/Tournament Committee will be final.
24. There will be no hole sitting by competitor or non-competitor boat during the tournament (holding a spot for another team). If caught team will be disqualified.
25. The weigh master will be responsible for checking in all teams at check in time. At 2:30pm a signal card will be handed to the last person in line! at least one Participant from your team must be in line with the teams catch in a weigh-in bag before the alarm set for 2:30pm sounds. once the alarm sounds no other participants will be allowed to enter the weigh-in line. Minimum lenth limit for Crappie on Lake Fork is 10" and the Weight Master will measure crappie at his discretion using a Check-it stick (the official measuring devise of Victory Fishing Events and used by game wardens).
26. The Weight Master has the FINAL decision on weight and the measurement of fish. NO EXCEPTIONS!! Anyone with fish in their live well or anyone who has possession of fish before the tournament will be disqualified. The weigh master shall designate a tournament recorder at the weigh in. The weigh master shall weigh their fish last and be supervised.
27. By participating in the ACC tournaments it is understood that ACC and its assigned officers are not responsible for the acts of individuals or other participants. ACC highly recommends that all participants are insured or be able to cover any claim against them. Participants are responsible for thier actions during this event. Participants must have a completed registration/liabilty release form signed prior to competition.
28. A copy of these tournament rules shall be available to participants before start of the tournament.
29. Anglers may trailer boat to an alternate ramp on Lake Fork but, must have boat available for inspection by the weigh-master at registration before Trailering or fishing. Participants must check in at the Lake Fork Marina Registration site with officials before leaving to fish or leaving to launch at alternative ramp on Lake Fork.
30. Winning teams will have to pass a polygraph exam to receive earnings from the Tournament. If they refuse to take exam or fail exam, team will be disqualified and the places will be adjusted to the next winning team.
COVID-19 RESTRICTIONS AND SOCIAL DISTANCING GUIDELINES!
Safety will be a top priority to make sure we can have a fun and safe environment for everyone. Please do not group up and maintain the recommended 6 feet Covid-19 social distancing guidelines. Although it is not mandatory as a safety precaution you can wear a mask, buff, or other face covering. Please note that all surfaces will be disinfected before and after each tournament.
REGISTRATION: Only one team member at a time will be allowed at the trailer registration table! One team member must bring completed entry form and cash up to registration table. Please bring exact change. All forms and cash will be disinfected. A table with clean entry forms and clean pens will be available in front of the Prestige Ford Rad Rides tow vehicle. One person at a time at table. Take form back to your vehicle to fill it out as others may need to get a form. We prefer that you pre-print entry form on-line, have it filled out completely, and present it at the registration table.
WHEN REGISTRATION AND BOAT CHECK IS COMPLETE: Launch your boat and leave marina/ramp area or trailer to an alternate launch location on Lake Fork. Do not group up or get near anyone! You cannot start fishing until 7AM!
WEIGH-IN PROCEEDURE: The time allowed to enter the line has been extended to 2:30PM. When it is your turn to weigh-in tell the tournament director your team number or names and place your weigh-in bag in the sink next to the scale. To weigh-in a Big Crappie take that specific Crappie out of the bag and place it in the sink next to your bag, then step back from the sink. The director will weigh, measure, and record your weight. Once complete the director will move in front of the stage to photo participant or participants with catch. Place catch in bag and exit stage. Release catch back into lake. Please do not group up and maintain the recommended 6 feet social distancing guidelines.
Tournament results will be posted that night on Facebook and afterwards to the Victory Fishing Events website.